Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Spear Recruitment
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Main purpose of the job:
- Manage all aspects of the home ensuring all units and services operate efficiently and effectively, ensuring that Resident's remain at the centre of the care provided.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Care Quality Commission, Local Authority and Fire Authority to ensure satisfactory standards are maintained at all the facilities.
- Ensure policy, procedures, practices and work instructions are understood and implemented to ensure the highest standards of care.
- Ensure maximum resident occupancy levels.
- Contribute to the development of strategy and objectives for the services and to ensure successful execution.
- Take direct and positive action to ensure effective communication and relationship building between all staff, residents and their families.
- Ensure a supportive, homely and encouraging environment which allows effective rehabilitation to take place at residents' own pace.
- Ensure the maintenance of the highest standards of care consistent with the requirements of the registering authorities.
- Provide clinical leadership within the services, developing and ensuring implementation of best practice in line with Resident's needs.
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of residents.
- Liaise effectively and professionally with all health and social care professionals associated with resident care.
- Lead visits of potential residents and their families and friends around the facilities, as required, discussing the philosophy of care and the activities of daily living skills.
- Undertake care tasks on as required by the needs of the service.
- Liaise effectively and professionally with the Care Quality Commission Inspector and other partner organisations as required, building and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ensure care planning is carried out effectively and professionally, reflecting current and best practice. Ensure that all staff are capable and motivated to participate appropriately in care planning.
- Investigate any complaints or adult protection concerns raised by residents or relatives and report them to the Operations Manager.
- Investigate all injuries sustained by residents. Report all serious injuries to the Operations Manager.
- Deal with the admission of residents to the services. Ensure their comfort and allay any anxieties they may have. Ensure all appropriate resident details are taken and those pertinent to the quality of care of the resident.
- Provide professional and managerial support to all staff within the services.
- Be responsible for ensuring all administrative functions associated with management of the staff are completed correctly.
- Recruit and select staff, ensuring that they are recruited in accordance with the company's standards for recruitment and associated policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff perform at a satisfactory level, utilising the Company's formal performance management and disciplinary processes as appropriate.
- Carry out performance appraisals and interim reviews in line with the Company's performance review procedure.
- Implement training and development plans to develop the skills and competencies of team members to ensure they have the ability to perform current and future roles.
- Ensure that all relevant staff are aware, understand and execute the legal requirements in relation to the administering and custody of drugs.
- Ensure the duty rota is planned and maintained so that it is appropriate to meet the needs of the residents and makes the best use of available staff within agreed budgetary limits.
- Ensure all staff complete the Company and Statutory requirements regarding induction training and ensure the delivery of ongoing Statutory and Company refresher training.
Budget and Domestic Management
- Understand the budget constraints that apply to the services and ensure that the services are managed within budget ensuring the most cost effective use of resources.
- Ensure all ancillary services, cooking, cleaning, gardening, maintenance etc. are of the required standard and deployed appropriately to maintain a safe, comfortable and pleasant Home for Residents.
- Advise the Operations Manager on minor capital works and review the need to update equipment, furniture and fittings in priority order within budget.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are maintained in accordance with the homes Policy and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all record keeping required by the home, Care Quality Commission and legislation is maintained.
- To liaise regularly with head office ensuring necessary information is communicated promptly and effectively in line with the standard reporting procedures.
- To carry out all the duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility for the post.
Due to the nature of this role and the sector we operate in you will be required to:
- change working hours at short notice to cover in the event of sickness or short absence for a staff colleague rather than use agency staff
- be on call, day or night, in an emergency to give advice or assistance
- be willing to work extra hours from time to time to carry out the duties of the position.
Hours worked in excess of 37½ hours per week will not normally attract an overtime payment.
This vacancy is being managed by Ben Moses at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on and
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2018.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.