Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by Myriad Genetics Laboratories
The Laboratory Technician in the LegacyX Lab is responsible for specimen processing, testing and monitoring test performance. The technician must demonstrate competency, as defined in the department's training program, prior to performing independent testing. This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that laboratory activities are defined, documented and completed to support inspection readiness and that compliance is maintained through procedures, training, documentation and continuous improvement projects.
Shift: Thursday - Saturday 6:00 pm - 6:30 am
Each employee's specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
- Complying with the laboratory's technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory's quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory's policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Can serve as a trainer on technical processes within the group.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining laboratory certifications as appropriate
- Master's degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
- Requires good attention to detail
- Good communication skills are a must
- Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Lifting up to 20lbs, Pulling and/or Pushing, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient's lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products that assess a person's risk of developing disease, improve diagnosis, predict disease progression and guide therapy. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs. With fiscal year 2015 annual revenue of approximately $700 million and more than 2,000 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including growing our existing markets, launching new products, and expanding our global presence to take advantage of significant long-term growth opportunities.