Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by TownNews
TownNews.com located in Moline, Illinois, seeks a skilled and motivated accounting professional to join our staff as an Accounting Assistant. In this full-time position, the Accounting Assistant will perform a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions. We seek candidates with excellent written and verbal communication skills that work well within a team environment and possess a good working knowledge of Excel and other accounting software applications. Candidates should have a two-year business/accounting degree or a minimum 5 years' experience.
- Welcoming visitors at the front desk
- Monitoring visitor log book and issuing visitor badges
- Answering or referring inquires on the telephone
- Ordering supplies for the office
- Tracking expenses by receiving and verifying invoices
- Coding expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintaining spreadsheets of customer contract information and rates
- Printing, sorting, and mailing of all customer invoices
- Maintain vendor files and collect W9's, ensuring vendor documents meet requirements for processing new vendors
Competitive compensation, an excellent employee benefits package and a pleasant working environment are just some of the benefits we offer our employees.
TownNews.com hosts web sites for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. TownNews.com is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Lee Enterprises (NYSE:LEE) is the premier publisher of daily newspapers in midsize markets. Based in Davenport, Iowa, Lee owns 49 daily newspapers with a joint interest in six others and over 300 specialty and online services. Check us out at .
Equal Opportunity Employer