Experienced Service Advisor
Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by Toyota of Easley
We are seeking an experienced automotive Service Advisor/ Writer looking to grow their career.
Toyota of Easley will give you the tools you need to succeed within our organization, earn competitively and be proud of your work. We are seeking sharp and energetic Service Advisors. We expect you to invest your time into the Toyota brand and in return, we'll reward you with a fantastic place to work.
We are an award winning high volume Southeast Toyota Dealer with one of the strongest CSI scores in the country. We are a proud recipient of the President's Award 29 out of last 30 years and have been in business for over 38 years. We are focused on delivering an excellent customer experience and creating long term, repeat business relationships with all our customers.
Our recently renovated facility boasts 22 heated and air-conditioned service bays with epoxy floors. We are a fast-paced shop with an average daily car count of 110-120 repair orders. We also have an excellent parts department with three dedicated Counterpeople for our Service department. Our teams will also enjoy lunch catered on the weekends! We are a family-owned and operated dealership that values a strong work ethic and career progression. We also take into consideration a work life balance and provide our employees with a pay plan that's ahead of our competition. Our tenured and dedicated management team is hands-on and works with you to capitalize on your strengths and improve your current skills set as it pertains to the role.
Apply today to learn more about what it's like to work at a company that has your best interest in mind!
Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
What We Offer:
* Pay plans ahead of competition.
* Paid uniforms with laundry service.
* Climate-controlled shop.
* Ongoing high-profile training from Southeast Toyota Distributor and JM&A.
* Opportunity for internal promotion and career growth with company.
* Flexible hours, will have to work an occasional Saturday. ( 5 day work week )
* Up to 3 weeks paid vacation.
* 401(k) retirement plan options with company match.
* Employee purchase and service discounts.
* Full benefits including voluntary short and long term disability, dental, health, vision, medical.
* Wireless discounts through Verizon Wireless.
* Technical school partnership programs.
* Free bottles of water and Gatorade.
* We are a family-owned dealership that has been in business for over 35 years and pride ourselves in cultivating a wholesome and accepting work environment.
* Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
* Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
* Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
* Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
* Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
* Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* At least one year of experience as an automotive Service Advisor and a working knowledge of automobiles
* Customer service skills
* Sales experience
* Proficiency with computers and technology
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to customers
Advanced skills: While most employer did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred skills. Add these to your Automotive Service Advisor toolbox and broaden your career options.
* Prior automobile sales experience
* Prior automobile technician experience
* A certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
* Retail experience.