Chef de Partie
Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by Entire Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Chef de Partie - Full time permanent role, up to 48 hours per week - Salary from £18 - 21K pa
We are looking for up to four CDP's to be based in two of our client's traditional country pub & hotel. Perched on a riverbank in rural Essex, CO6 area. These ancient Inns offer elegant afternoon teas and fine dining, using seasonal fresh ingredients, you will be part of a close knit team producing traditional British and modern European cuisine.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
- Helping the sous chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Great cooking skills
- A cool head
- An ability to delegate appropriately
- Organisational flair
- A grasp of profit margins
Qualifications (any of the list below would be ideal)
- The 14-19 Hospitality & Catering diploma
- City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery
- BTEC HND in professional cookery
- A foundation degree in culinary arts
- Any health and safety and food hygiene courses
Someone who's got bags of stamina and enjoys the fast pace of working in a kitchen. You also need to be able to stay calm and work as part of a team during a frenetic service. As head of your section you need to be confident enough to manage the Commis Chefs working with you - and to give them clear instructions.
If interested we would love to hear from you.