Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by HS2
As a Project Manager at HS2 you will deliver assigned projects successfully through the management of the client, the supply chain and other stakeholders, aiding in the design, vision and strategy for the delivery for the infrastructure programme to ensure delivery according to time, cost, quality, safety & environmental specifications.
About the role:
- Direct and manage area projects from broad programme strategy to delivery and handover as directed by the Senior Project Manager and the Project Director.
- Support the Senior Project Manager to deliver projects to meet control budgets, key milestones, and time, cost quality and safety targets in line with programme plans
- Negotiate, procure and authorise all relevant project contracts and variations, and approve and authorise all payments to meet value for money criteria
- Lead interfaces with all external and internal stakeholders relating to projects managed
- Manage the integration of works across the boundaries of other interfacing projects.
- Support the Senior Project Manager by reporting project progress, including progress reports and papers, to the Contract Board, Programme Board, and other similar boards
- Oversee the risk management for projects managed and take the lead on audits and independent reviews undertaken by other parties
- Provide direct input to communications, press and media for internal and external stakeholders by collaborating with the communications directorate
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers, including contractors, and key stakeholders in order to enable quick resolution of issues
Qualifications About You:
- Degree, HND or professional qualification in a relevant discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Proven track record of heavy civils which should include experience of one of the following :-
- Enabling works;
- Tunnelling, earthworks or cut and cover
- Underground structures (D-Walls, Pilling).
- Integration of structures and rail systems.
- Working knowledge of complex, multi-disciplinary projects, where the applicant has held budget, planning and programme responsibility on £50M projects,
- Outstanding staff and stakeholder management skills to include leadership of both direct staff and matrixed support along with the interface and engagement of external stakeholders.
- An understanding of contract management ideally using NEC3 or other target cost type contracts.
- Management of complex project interfaces with multiple contractors.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.