Service Manager Bicycle Mechanic
Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
The service manager is responsible for running all operational aspects of the Trek Certified Service area. The service manager is responsible for ensuring the customers' bikes are being repaired in a safe and efficient manner. This is accomplished by the timely and effective execution of all the variables related to checking in bikes, repairing, and providing a unique and positive repair experience built upon quality products, repair work and excellent customer service.
The following are the performance objectives for this position. In assessing competency and fit, all candidates will be benchmarked against these standards.
- Ensure High-Quality Customer Service: Monitor the quality of customer service through observation of the service department. Holds service team accountable for delivering high quality customer service. Review customer repair requests, ensure communication with customers. Willingness to greet and work with all store customers within the service center and on the sales floor.
- Oversee Daily Service Operations: Actively engage with customers to diagnose and recommend bicycle repairs. Take an active lead to ensure all work orders are complete and checked in appropriately. Additionally, work with service team to ensure work orders ready for pick-up have been communicated with the customer.
- Develop Service Employees: Organize, implement and validate mechanic training through Trek Certified Service (TCS): Validate consistency of work order labor and bike builds, Ascend (retail management software) training, training of service team to properly execute test ride checks and ensuring mechanics are up to date on the latest technologies.
- Manage and Control Service Costs: Review daily/weekly/monthly service reports and be prepared to address all variances. Submit monthly report to Store Manager. Recommend staffing assignments to ensure service area is staffed and resources are effectively deployed throughout the service center and across all shifts.
- Active Professional Development: Attendance of multiple Trek Certified Service (TCS) classes in Waterloo, Wisconsin. Active participant in Trek University. Proactive approach to staying up to date with industry changes.
A service manager for a Trek Bicycle Store needs to have at least 3+ years of bicycle service center experience. This individual must demonstrate dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders. Previous leadership experience is a plus. Experience creating and maintaining an outstanding customer experience is a must. Commitment to a safe, clean and fun environment for employees and customers. Willingness to learn; attend Trek Certified Service classes and other industry training opportunities throughout the year.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish