Dir, Global Planning, Customer Service
Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by Vista Outdoor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
CamelBak invented hands free hydration and is the leader in mobile hydration systems for outdoor enthusiasts, performance athletes, and military serviceman throughout the world. Over nearly 30 years CamelBak has built a reputation for innovative products that promote hydration as a healthy part of your day to day routine, athletic endeavors and in extreme conditions.
The Director of Global Planning and Customer Service (GPACS) oversees CamelBak's order fulfillment system. The GPACS Director must have experience managing end to end order fulfillment. This includes customer support, order entry, and order management, working hand in hand with credit approval, logistics, and distribution to ensure timely shipment of orders. The Director of GPACS is also responsible for development of a global demand plan for CamelBak's diverse range of customers, which include direct to consumer sales, retail channel sales, and international distributor sales, and is further responsible for a supply plan that delivers product on time to customer requirements.
- Departmental Management:
- Customer Service Manager with a team of 19 people
- Demand Planning Manager with a team of 3 people
- Supply Planning team with 2 direct reports
- Key Metrics: Financial forecast accuracy, demand forecast accuracy, excess and obsolete product management, forecasted inventory levels, inventory turns, days of inventory outstanding, on-time supplier fill rates, and on-time customer fill rates.
- Use Logility planning system to create global demand forecasts for all of CamelBak's product categories and optimize supply chain on time delivery performance through collaboration with stakeholders (Suppliers, Product Operations, Customer Service, and Sales) using such variables as demand shaping, scenario planning, and constraint management.
- Fully leverage the capabilities of CamelBak's Oracle ERP (EBS 12.1) to streamline creation of the monthly supply plan.
- Participate in cross functional task forces to improve systems and business processes as required.
- Manage the monthly Sales and Operations Planning Process, setting up a standardized calendar to systemically create a demand forecast, supported by a supply plan and a rolling financial forecast.
- Work hand in hand with Sourcing to resolve any systemic supplier issues and Product Operations to resolve day to day order management issues.
- Through the Customer Service Team, support CamelBak's customers, manage orders through the system, ensure customer compliance requirements are understood and implemented, this includes inventory availability, routing requirements, EDI processing and SMU-specific strategies.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. A focused degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is preferred.
- An advanced (MBA) degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of professional working experience in a consumer products industry is required.
- A minimum of seven (8) years' experience in a demand/supply role is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of overseeing a demand/supply planning team is strongly preferred.
- A track record of transforming demand, supply and financial planning processes at a company into a cohesive, efficient, and reliable process.
- Experience providing customer support for each of CamelBak's sales channel and managing supply from in-house manufacturing to global subcontract manufacturers is essential for this position.
- Extensive experience with multi-site, global distribution channels.
- Deep experience with an ERP & Advanced Planning Systems is required with strong preference for Oracle ERB 12.1 or 12.2 or SAP.
- Experience with Logility demand and supply planning or a similar tool is strongly preferred
- APICS and/or IBF certification is preferred.
- Ability to lead work initiatives effectively across a broad range of cross functional groups teams is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written), making the complex clear and the plan of action compelling to all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thinking and a deep understand of the strengths and weaknesses of forecasting models is essential.
- A deep understanding of lean principles of manufacturing, purchasing, distribution, customer service, financial forecasting, marketing, trade promotion planning and new product planning is essential.
As indicated by responsibilities; ability to handle multiple priorities.
Computer terminal use 6-7 hours per day. Ability to lift 25 pounds unassisted. ( Add any other physical requirements)
Standard Office. Domestic and International travel to include weekends and for periods as long as two weeks at a time occasionally required.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled