Head of IT
Posted on Feb 7, 2019 by Burton Snowboards
You will be a key contributor to the strategy and planning process for both IT operations and for technology and digital innovation. It is critical for this person to build strong and productive relationships with all business unit leaders, acting as a true partner and making IT a business enabler.
You will lead 3-5 direct reports on the IT leadership team; total headcount in the IT organization is approximately 21.
What You Get to Do: Strategy
- As a member of the Burton team you will be leading IT roadmap and overall digital transformation, make a key contribution to the formulation of the company's business and digital strategies with an initial concentrated focus on analytics.
- Advise the management team and peers and direct reporting team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to achieving our goals and evolving needs.
- Help figure out capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Develop a vision, strategy, and a roadmap for the next era of analytics, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Develop and execute an analytics program that will allow company business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective IT organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration between the IT organization and its business partners.
- A high energy leader; tenacious and passionate about reaching the goal, while keeping ego in check.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, motivate and retain a high performing IT team that values transparency and accountability.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Promote a "business-first" mentality.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and is able to execute on business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT positions.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company's operations and business applications.
- Establish metrics for running IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that critical metrics are met.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Develop a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Establish and implement IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Review, recommend, and lead all vendors and service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
- Understands ITIL and other service management frameworks, and how to scale and implement them.
What You Bring to the Team: Transformation
- Demonstrated experience driving digital transformation and business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology.
- Possesses solid knowledge in emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these in the service of the company's key business goals.
- Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management.
- Experience building an enterprise level data analytics capability.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able and interested to pursue new business opportunities.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Builder of strong technology vendor partnerships, and able to manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS, cloud-based, and outsourced solutions through third party providers.
- IT leadership experience in a global environment.
- Experience in Snowboarding or Apparel industry is preferred.
- Experience leading an agile development organization.
- Experience managing a large outsourcing partnership.
- Experience in a federated structure with matrixed leadership responsibilities.
- P&L leadership experience is preferred.
- An advanced degree in a related field, such as computer science, engineering and/or business (MBA) is preferred.
- Proven ability to build trust with others through a commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
University of Vermont
Teach For America
Teach For America
Teach For America