Posted on Feb 6, 2019 by Pacific Business News
Pacific Business News is looking for an Associate Editor to
round out our editing team. This is the perfect job for a reporter
with a couple of years of experience who is looking to move into
the editing ranks.
The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing
the weekly print product, and contributes to the weekly and daily
publishing cycles in multiple ways: helping plan and execute
special sections, copy editing, helping recruit and coordinate with
freelancers, and serving as a backup for Editor in Chief.
He or she also works to effectively recraft PBN content for every
platform and ensures the
best reporting efforts of the newsroom are put to their fullest
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce special publications and
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce other regular features in
print and online.
• Source and coordinate with freelancers to produce business
journal stories and other content.
• Curate, format and repurpose print content for digital products,
and vice versa.
• Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context,
accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
• As needed, edit news items throughout the day for the Business
Journal's digital platforms.
• Assist Editors in managing awards publications, including
outreach to judges and awardees.
• Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored
• Solid editor
• Able to get and stay organized
• Able to effectively manage several projects at once
• Creative planner
• Stickler for detail
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Able and driven to collaborate
• Ability to collaborate a must
• Minimum of 1-2 years reporting and/or editing experience in
print or online
• Experience managing editorial projects.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hunt, director of
editorial recruiting and development, American City Business
Pacific Business News is part of American City Business Journals,
Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any
other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal