Category manager - Leading FMCG
Posted on Feb 6, 2019 by Bramwith Consulting
FTSE100 FMCG - FOOD INDUSTRY - CATEGORY MANAGER - WEST LONDON - £60K + CAR ALLOWANCE + 25% BONUS
Job title: Category Manager
Location: West London
Salary: £50-60k + benefits
Contact: Shiva at
Having undergone a period of substantial growth, the leading FMCG organisation are searching for an expert procurement manager to lead the development and sourcing strategy across a wide range of direct categories, including but not limited to vegetables, co-pack and manufacturing Having completed their transformation in 2018, revenue is due to increase significantly over the next year, and further business will be acquired, increasing their presence across Europe.
With direct procurement at the core of the organisation, the procurement category manager will be responsible for managing a spend of circa £110m whilst leading and developing a team of 3 buyers. End to end procurement experience is essential as you will be heavily invested into the entire procurement lifecycle.
The procurement category manager will be responsible for:
- The end to end procurement process across multiple direct categories, including but not limited to vegetables, raw materials and packaging.
- Development and implementation of strategic procurement processes to deliver significant cost savings to the organisation
- Working alongside senior stakeholders to benefits the wider organisation
- Negotiate with key suppliers to ensure the best rates and cost savings are being delivered
The procurement category manager will have:
- Experience working in direct procurement , preferably in the food but other industries will be considered.
- Degree + CIPS beneficial
Already operating across 15+ European countries and further expansion on the horizon, this is the ideal opportunity for a senior procurement professional looking for the next step up at a world-renowned company. For more information, or to apply, please send your CV across to Shiva at
Key words: Procurement, direct procurement , category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, procurement category manager, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, procurement, west London, Central London, East London, Directors, Food buying, Procurement Analyst, Ingredients, raw materials , procurement, analyst, retail, strategic sourcing, FMCG, indirect, direct, marketing buyer, procurement services, London, Digital, FMCG, direct procurement buyer, Middlesex