Civil Enforcement Officer
Posted on Feb 6, 2019 by Anonymous
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
To ensure the effective enforcement of parking regulations within the borough's Special Parking Areas and Controlled Parking Zones. To be an ambassador for Haringey Council, promoting good relations with all members of the public and to ensure that the Council is represented in a professional and positive manner.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To have a basic understanding of Haringey Councils' controlled parking policies and the statutory framework relating permitted parking (i.e. designated parking spaces) and prohibited parking (i.e. yellow lines and footway parking).
2. To enforce parking and footway restrictions as required.
3. To patrol a specified beat/area, the required level of times per shift, as instructed by the parking team leader.
4. To operate a handheld computer to issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) to all vehicles contravening parking regulations.
5. To advise and assist members of the public in relation to the Councils' Parking Enforcement policy and primary objectives, ensuring excellent standards of customer care.
6. To authorise vehicles for removal in accordance with the removal criteria.
7. To report faulty or missing street furniture, defects to parking lines and signs, and abandoned vehicles.
8. To complete relevant documentation during enforcement patrols, including pocketbooks and Penalty Charge Notices, as well as other relevant information, including statements made by drivers.
9. To take photographs to support the enforcement action taken, to provide unwavering evidence of the parking contravention.
10.To exercise responsibilities under health and safety legislation and regulations- participating in the production of Risk Assessments and understanding risk faced 'on street'.
11.To ensure all uniform is used in a professional manner and to be responsible for the care of all uniform items. Any worn out items of uniform must be reported immediately. The appropriate uniform items must be worn at all times whilst carrying out enforcement activity.
12.To ensure all incidents (Code Reds and Code Yellows) are brought to the attention of the Duty Senior Civil Enforcement Officer immediately, providing written statements and reports.To attend court or adjudication panels when required, as well as to submit evidence when called upon.
13.To adhere to the council's equipment procedures, ensuring that all equipment is given due care and protection, as well as for faults and damaged equipment to be immediately reported to the Duty Senior Civil Enforcement Officer.
14.To undertake the necessary tests and checks to equipment prior to deployment.
15.To undertake such other duties as may be required which are commensurate with objectives of the post.
16.In agreement with management to undertake other duties on a voluntary basis which contribute to maintaining effective levels of performance and quality of work within the Parking Enforcement Service, such as to be deployed to work in the CCTV control room.
17.The Council has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both service to the community and the employment of people and expect all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
18.Understanding, knowledge and ability to follow guidelines that ensure compliance to Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements.
19.Health and Safety aspects/issues, first aid/manual handling etc in relation to working environment, i.e. Hazardous materials and relevant processes/legislations etc
20.Knowledge and experience of using IT/working knowledge adequate or sound knowledge required etc
21.Understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Council's Equal Opportunities policies.
22.To undertake any other temporary duties consistent with the basic duties and/or objectives of the post.
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful