Commercial Actuarial Pricing Analyst
Posted on Feb 6, 2019 by GuideOne Insurance
For more than 60 years, GuideOne has protected organizations that strive to make the world a better place. We support this cause by safeguarding our members' property and assets. Through diligent research and analysis, our Actuarial department supports products and services that truly benefit our members. We make positive change possible for these organizations by protecting them while they pursue their mission to do good.
GuideOne has a growing actuarial team and is looking to hire an Actuarial Analyst. The Analyst will work closely with other members of the pricing team to develop and implement pricing strategies that drive towards profitable growth.
Our ideal candidate will possess strong technical and communication skills as well as be self-driven, able to manage multiple priorities, and have passed at least two actuarial exams. Prior P&C Commercial lines pricing experience is preferred.
As our Actuarial Pricing Analyst, you will:
- Coordinate, analyze and make recommendations to existing rate levels on a state, line of business, territory, coverage, class, etc., basis through studying past experience, reviewing trends and examining competitor, bureau, and industry information.
- Supply actuarial justification and exhibits requiring actuarial expertise for filings.
- Analyze pricing impact of changes in underwriting guidelines, policy coverage, rules and procedures.
- Expand actuarial knowledge, continuously, through the CAS examination process. Apply this knowledge through tackling related projects and sharing what is learned with team members as appropriate.
- Supports the Filings department on any state-mandated changes that affect rate levels. This includes timely responses to questions requiring actuarial expertise in criticisms from insurance departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Business or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Passed at least 2 Actuarial Exams.
- Zero to three years related experience in a progressively responsible actuarial analyst role in the P&C industry.
- Recent graduates with prior internship experience encouraged to apply.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Content or technical expert within own area of responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, U/W, sales & pricing processes.
- Commercial Lines pricing expertise and knowledge of Company, Industry, and Regulatory practices as well as the role of other departments in the company.
- Very familiar with internal and external statistical trends, factors, issues, and data impacting underwriting results and business strategies.
- Proven advanced project management skills; strong application of very advanced actuarial concepts to projects.
- Progressive computer and administrative skills.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Small Businesses
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations
Rich Benefits Package:
- A "Dress for your Day" environment
- 401K includes up to 7% match at 100%
- Generous time off programs including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off
- Flexible work schedules promoting a work/life balance
- Full onsite cafeteria, open every day for breakfast and lunch with subsidized pricing
- Wellness program and incentives
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance program
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision
- Various employee events throughout the year
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities
- Free parking, employee gardens, and so much more!
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required