Workers Compensation Claims Examiner
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Sunrise Systems, Inc.
Job Title: Workers Compensation Claims Examiner
Job Id: 18-18988
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90071
Duration: 3 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- The main function of a Claims Examiner is to investigate, analyse, and determine the extent of insurance company's liability to determine how much compensation is needed/required.
- Job Responsibilities
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
- Examine claims form and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Examine titles to property to determine validity and act as company agent in transactions with property owners.
- Interview or correspond with agents and claimants to correct errors or omissions and to investigate questionable claims.
- Interview or correspond with claimant and witnesses, consult police and hospital records, and inspect property damage to determine extent of liability.
- Investigate and assess damage to property.
- Negotiate claim settlements and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated. Obtain credit information from banks and other credit services.
- Prepare report of findings of investigation. Refer questionable claims to investigator or claims adjuster for investigation or settlement.
- Basic knowledge in insurance industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of basic accounting processes and procedures.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
- 10+ years' experience required.
Desk: - Email:
Sourabh Agrawal - Lead - Talent Acquisition
Direct: - Email:
Sunrise Systems was founded in 1990 with a clear vision to deliver world-class staffing service solutions in all labor categories, including IT consulting and solutions; all with the commitment to provide service that exceeds expectations and become the most trusted name in the industry. More than two and a half decades later, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of the staffing industry. Combining our deep industry expertise, insights, and global resources, we have partnered with our clients to connect them with top professionals across several different industries.
At Sunrise Systems, we provide cost effective Managed Staffing Solutions, Information Technology and Information Technology Consulting Services to several Fortune 500 companies and U.S. Government agencies. We provide our clients with flexible engagement models and customized products that are budget and time specific. Understanding the challenges that every business faces, we offer our services either on site at the clients' site or from one of our globally distributed technology centers. Our onshore and offshore development capabilities ensure that we excel at meeting customer requirements every single time.
Our collective business experience spans over two and a half decades and ranges from:
- Business, management, and technical fields
- Information technology consulting and software solutions.
- Providing strategic support for the developmen