Lab Technician - General Lab
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Lab Technician 1 - General Lab Anc 011 - Full-Time,Night - Ascension St John Hospital - 34028 - Detroit,MI
Midnights: Full Time: Hours 10:30PM-7:00AM. Rotation of weekends every third to sixth weekend depending on staffing. Rotation of holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs quality control testing.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Prepares standards, reagents, and other materials (including patient specimens) for testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Reviews outstanding specimen reports as assigned and follow up on any specimen not received or testing not completed by the department.
- Performs appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months of previous clinical laboratory experience or commensurate educational laboratory experience from an accredited institution required. 1 year of previous clinical laboratory experience preferred. Keyboarding and data entry experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)