Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Troon Golf
West Bay Club in Estero, FL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Membership Director. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
The Director of Membership leads the prospecting, sales, and onboarding/connection activities, contributing to the overall success of the club and community by:
• Meeting or exceeding stated sales, revenue, and retention goals
• Leads and directs the marketing, membership, and communications team and overall strategy
• Consistently interacting with members, prospects, coworkers and management with a positive attitude and focus on a culture of hospitality, leadership and mutual respect.
Key Responsibilities of the Membership Director:
• Develops and executes marketing tactics and strategy that enhances the awareness of the West Bay brand and communicates the story and ongoing execution of the overall community membership marketing and sales plan, working collaboratively with onsite club management, Board and Committee, and Troon corporate team.
• Drives the content development and facilitates production of all membership-related materials, including but not limited to prospecting, sales collateral and documents associated with onboarding.
• Conducts marketing activities as designated in master marketing and sales plan, such as community networking, Realtor relations, and presence/participation in member events.
• Seamlessly integrates with Boards and Committees; Effectively reports, tracks and communicates results & data. Implements and manages a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Membership Prospect/Sales Report, and demonstrates this through an exceptional understanding of these tools and weekly delivery of statistics related to leads (quantity and source), prospect pipeline (sorted by rank), sales (paced by budget forecast) - as well as communicating feedback from prospects who decline to join, and results specific to marketing initiatives.
• Leads and implements a sales journey that gracefully connects potential residents to West Bay, and connects new residents to the West Bay lifestyle.
• Oversees all membership paperwork related to sales/upgrades/downgrades and resignations:
o Creates the incoming new member file and ensures the accurate completion of designated documentation.
o Accountable for ongoing maintenance of all member files, accurately recording pertinent activity and paperwork.
o Ensures that member files are stored in a secure location.
• Leads the content, production/packaging, and delivery of a thorough and accurate onboarding of every new member, ensuring that:
o The entire process follows a structured plan
o The materials are professionally presented
o The orientation agenda includes key department leads
o The member gains an understanding of every element of the club, how to use it, and who the individual department leads are.
• Develops and adheres to a departmental budget; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure the budget goals are attained.
Minimum Qualifications for the Membership Director:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or hospitality preferred and/or minimum of four years' experience in a related field. Country Club experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
• Strong organizational skills: time management, attention to detail, ability to self-start
• Able to multi-task and produce high-quality results
• Familiarity with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning and marketing strategies
• Team player: ability to work in cooperatively with other departments, committees and boards to attain club goals
• Familiarly with Club system software such as North Star is preferred