Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Maxwell Stephens Ltd
Maxwell Stephens are pleased to present a new opening within a world leading entertainment company offering world-class digital and physical media services. The company's network consists of service offices, optical media production, distribution and digital facilities worldwide.
The Facilities Assistant reports to the Facilities Supervisor & Facilities Manager and is responsible for providing support to ensure facilities services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. Must also demonstrate a high level of security awareness at all times and have knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures and Health & Safety.
- To be responsible for all external contractors in the building on a daily basis, Cleaning, Maintenance, Catering, Plant Maintenance and Pest Control ensuring all SLA's and KPI's are maintained.
- Carry out building & meeting room checks on a daily basis, ensuring any issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Producing attendance records for the entire building on a daily basis and when requested.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring all passes within the building: includes; New Staff, Current Staff, Visitors, Contractor, Security, Car Park also an accurate record is kept of all New Starters and Leavers. Update the intranet will all new staff photos, conduct New Starter Tours and issue New Starter Packs
- Update the Staff Floor Plans on a monthly basis and distribute to staff as required.
- The ordering and upkeep of the stationery that is used by the entire building. Includes placing weekly order also first point of call for all printer enquires and ordering the consumables.
- Assisting the Facilities Supervisor with office moves and other general adhoc projects.
- Ordering new furniture as and when required.
- Organisation of meetings: venue and welfare arrangements.
- Organise and maintain records for invoices, expenses and financial records.
- Manage the onsite PLAN system (or equivalent) and ensure it is operational and access is granted to all personnel for their dedicated areas and that all staff has photographic ID.
- Act as point of contact for company departments and contractors ensuring lines of communication are maintained and regularly monitored - such as email, mail, telephone and helpdesk.
- Ensure attending contractors onsite have authority to work and have provided the correct health and safety documentation to commence work. Record contractor activities onsite.
- Support and assist the Facilities Manager and the team with administration requirements.
- Liaise with service providers and contractors to ensure regular activities are undertaken e.g. recycling, courier services.
- Manage contractors, contracts and suppliers as directed to ensure service delivery.
- General health and safety duties including risk assessments, contractor monitoring and other statutory and not statutory site requirements.
- Attend training and course as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- To proactively work towards promoting a sense of pride in the facility department.
- Assist with maintaining the property to an acceptable condition utilising the approved external M&E, cleaning, grounds & waste services and security contractors respectively ensuring that the site is fully operational at all times.
- Assist with the local management of Environmental matters to ensure targets are met such as recycling targets and any issues are resolved. Record all recycling data and file transfer notes appropriately.
- Prepare for Health & Safety and Environmental audits.
- Carry out the building fire drills and ensure a maintained fire marshal system, organize Fire safety training with staff in line with legislation, organize First Aid training with staff in line with legislation.
- Work with PDIT / MIS to project manage and deliver staff moves as / when required.
- To ensure that Procedures are adhered to in relation to all purchase requisitions and invoices within Facilities.
- Ensure signage on site appropriate and current at all times.
- Demonstrate permanent high level of security awareness, knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures as well as general Health & Safety
- Cover Reception as and when required
- Help with Event setups.
- To answer all department emails in a timely manner and ensuring the inbox is managed correctly
- IOSH qualified
- Experience working within a Facilities environment
- Previous knowledge of Environmental services
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with, both verbally and written, all levels of staff
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office (especially Excel & Power Point) and Lotus Notes
- Ability to work under own initiative
- An ability to review and prioritise work within agreed parameters.
- A team player but able to work using own initiative with a proactive approach and an ability to focus on the detail.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A desire and ability to develop and learn new skills and enhance current skills to grow professionally.
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to to be considered for this exciting role.