Teaching Assistants & SEN Learning Support Assistants
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT
Name of Head Teacher: Executive Head teacher: Mrs A Whelan
Salary: Scale 2. points 10 to 13, Salary: £16,863 to £17,391 plus London weighting £1,888 - depending on experience, pro rata 39 weeks per year.
Hours: Part Time - 8.30 to 3.30 Monday to Friday
St. Josephs is a friendly, family focused school so you must be a flexible team player with a positive 'can do' approach.
We believe that with everyone working together as a team, we can ensure that each individual child reaches their full potential in a secure and loving environment. By living out our Mission Statement daily, we aim to help each child to develop their relationship with God and each other.
The Federation of St Joseph's Catholic Infant & Junior Schools are seeking experienced class based Learning Support Assistants and SEN Learning Support Assistants to work as part of a team to assist the Class Teacher to ensure quality education for children.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Be aware of and support school policies and procedures.
- Work, or play, with individuals, or small groups of children, to assist in the delivery of the planned curriculum, as directed by the Class Teacher.
- Set up group activities under the guidance of the Class Teacher / Subject Leaders. Work with children on practical activities, giving assistance and encouragement.
- Read to, and with, small groups of children, on curriculum activities.
- Assist in the planning, creation and mounting of displays of the children's work.
- Provide support and assistance for children's pastoral needs (e.g. promoting self-esteem, and overall well-being of the child).
- Report any concerns regarding children's welfare or education to Class Teacher.
- Assist with the preparation of resources, e.g. photocopying, repairing books, filing of work, making games and apparatus.
- Have awareness of and contribute to good behaviour throughout the school.
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and training days / events as requested.
- Any other duties required by the Class Teacher / Headteacher, within the scope of this post.
SEN Learning Supports will remain responsible for their individual child and will assist with all the above.
An opportunity to add to an already successful team at an Outstanding school.
The Federation of St Joseph's Catholic Infant & Junior Schools are seeking to appoint experienced and highly motivated Teaching Assistant's and SEN Support Assistants who are able to commit to the aims and ethos of our Catholic School.
We are looking for hard working, flexible and enthusiastic people, with a passion for working with children and the desire to make a difference. An opportunity to add to an already successful team at an Outstanding school, who will be able to complement our already dedicated hardworking staff team.
Closing Date: open until position has been filled
Interview Date: TBCs
Start Date: As soon as Possible
How to apply:
Please contact Mrs S Shah, School Business Manager, on or for further details.
The application form may be downloaded from the school website via the button below and forwarded to the school office via email.
Alternatively you may post your applications to the school, FAO: Mrs S Shah, School Business Manager.
The schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.