Golf Course Superintendent
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Troon Golf
Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, New Jersey is seeking an experienced Golf Course Superintendent. The 123 year old private facility designed by William Flynn, is home to the Princeton University's Men's & Women's golf teams. Qualified candidates will be posses outstanding leadership, operational and communications skills. The position reports to the facilities General Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
• Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants
• Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
• Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
• Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
• Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Bachelor's Degree preference from agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science and 3 years Superintendent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
• Must have a valid driver's license and must maintain a NJ Pesticide Applicator License.
• Experience as a highly successful Assistant or Head Superintendent preferred.
• Golf course renovation and restoration experience preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.