Preschool Lead Teacher
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Nike
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
As a Lead Teacher, you'll assist with implementing developmentally appropriate programming by following outlined procedures. You'll interact with and provide continual supervision for the children, participate in classroom activities and collaborate with classroom staff. You'll also implement lesson plans and interact with children by initiating and encouraging their participation. In addition, you'll provide emotional and physical support for children. Our Teachers will provide modeling and mentorship to classroom staff, children, families and the community inside and outside of Nike. They will coordinate their classroom's overall programming as well as envision and create affirming experiences for children, families and practicum students.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's, or higher Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child and Family Studies or Early Childhood Special Education
- Baccalaureate Degree in any discipline, with a minimum of 36 semester/54 quarter credits in Child Development, ECE, Elementary Education, Child & Family Studies or Early Childhood Special Education
- 12 months' relevant work experience with preschool children in a child care facility is required and the ability to obtain step 10 in the Oregon Registry.
- Ability to sit, bend and lift up to 50 lb Must have the ability to work overtime Ability to move quickly around a classroom or playground Ability to physically move, lift or control children in unsafe or emergency situations
- Full time availability Monday-Friday between 7:00am- 6:00pm from the hire date Ability to read, speak, write and understand verbal and written English Ability to maintain educational/training hours as outlined by state licensing agency and attend in-service training as scheduled three times per year Technical foundation in curriculum, programming and problem solving skills is preferred Familiar with NAEYC Accreditation standards is preferred
- You must upload your post-secondary educational transcript(s) with this application
- Completion of the Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety free online training course, which is required by the State of Oregon