Sr Payroll Specialist
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Fanatics, Inc.
Under the general direction of the Payroll Supervisor, the Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for performing all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives. This position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, processes and state and federal regulations. In addition, this person must be able to thoroughly research and see a problem through final resolution. The list of essential functions outlined below is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this position. It is not completely descriptive of all tasks performed and omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes the collection and input of pay adjustments, miscellaneous payments, commissions, bonuses and severance payments.
- Audits, monitors, analyzes, and reviews payroll data input/imports through reports and tools available, in order to produce a balanced, accurate and timely payroll. (fixed flow)
- Perform a variety of support and admin tasks associated with payroll operations.
- In addition to processing normal wage and salary payments, process special checks, and summary reports for treasury.
- Utilize automated time and attendance software in day-to-day operations.
- Handles payroll related queries, researches/resolves problems and responds in a timely fashion as defined by department SLA standards, providing quality client service
- Assists in identifying process improvements or inefficiencies and championing change management.
- Acts as subject matter expert on payroll related issues.
- Prepares manual checks after confirming hours have been entered and appropriate approval received.
- Work is subject to close supervisory review at frequent intervals. Operates within the context of well-defined procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Contributes towards team success and is a team player.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- FPC required, CPP desired
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ Years' experience with high volume, multi-state payroll processing
- Knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations
- In depth knowledge of payroll principles, processes and procedures
- Ability to interpret and apply company payroll policies
- Experienced in the use of payroll and time systems, preferably Ultipro
- High attention to detail in data entry, analysis and balancing procedures
- Solid decision-making, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Team player that is both self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan and work in an organized manner
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public