Utility Operator A - Sewing
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
The main duties of this position will be to work in any position in the factory in the Sewing and Lockstitch Department(s), as assigned. Must be able to handle simple tools as well as communicate and take direction from others well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Match and align panels using notches and numbering system. Sew panels together using Lockstitch sewing machine with foot pedal and width gauge. Cut off excess thread. Stack and count sewn panels.
- Match and align panels using notches and numbering system. Operate Puritan sewing machine with foot pedal and width gauge. Cut off excess thread. Stack and count sewn panels.
- Align reinforcing flap and leather panel in guide on sewing table. Sew reinforcing flap and leather panel together using sewing machine with foot pedal. Cut off excess thread. Stack and count sewn panels.
- Sew Stripe
- Line up stripe with laser marks from sewing machine. Press pedal to lower guard. Press pedal again to start machine. When cycle is complete, remove and insert a new panel.
- Singer Operation
- Align panel and lining using notching. Sew panel and lining together using singer sewing machine with foot pedal and width gauge. Cut off excess string and trim excess lining. Remove and replace panels from transporter boxes.
- Sew Across
- NFL game balls only. Place fingers inside opening of ball. Sew across the opening to close. Clip the thread ends.
What We're Looking For
The qualified candidate will have one (1) year or less of factory experience. A high school diploma or GED will be required for this position.
What We'll Provide
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Starting pay is $12.77 per hour. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm; Friday 6:00 am - 12:00 pm with occasional overtime as needed.
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.