Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by YMCA
Directs membership strategies & activities including special events & promotions branch to drive membership growth & increase retention.
YMCA of Delaware
Directs membership strategies and activities including special events and promotions for the branch to drive membership growth, achieving and increasing member retention and member experience. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals. Leads membership staff to achieve defined performance targets in a member-focused culture.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in sales, marketing and public relations or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales/sales team experience with demonstrated growth and ability to achieve annual budget targets.
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing sales within a membership-based organization with revenues exceeding $3 million.
- Proficient in business software packages (MS Office)
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Proven success in delivering customer service excellence.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills in daily and emergency situations.
- Implements innovative membership strategies that drive recruitment of new members, retention of existing members while enhancing the member experience. Drives new branch membership and customer experience to meet and/or exceed targets. Addresses and resolve problems timely. Assist in achieving branch retention targets and membership goals.
- Follow up monthly with membership renewal letters and contact all members that do not renew or terminate membership. Maintain and record reasons for non-renewal and terminations.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Develops and manages a tour system for prospective members. Acts as first point of contact for all branch tours and phone requests in the absence of the membership consultant.
- Compiles and interprets regular reporting that includes, but is not limited to:
- Total number of tours conducted and closing rates
- Number who registered by category
- Reasons for not registering
- Number of discounted and scholarship memberships
- Conducts and evaluates Secret Shops on a timely basis as guided by Association timelines.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers who are professional, highly motivated and exemplifies the YMCA core values, while also driving a culture of exceptional sales and service to our members, guests and the community. Evaluates staff performance. Develops comprehensive training program and strategies to motivate staff and maintain low turnover.
- Manages staff schedule to fulfill department objectives and maintain high customer satisfaction while keeping within the budgeted guidelines.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Develops the annual membership budget and sets annual new member sales and termination goals, with assistance from the Associate Executive Director. Manages and implements the approved budget and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Ensures all financial processes are being followed and membership transactions are delivered in an accurate manner consistent with current financial procedures. Coordinates with the branch business office and the Association Finance Department to ensure accuracy of transactions and minimizing errors resulting at the branch level.
- Monitors and respond to member feedback methods to determine satisfaction levels, resolve member complaints in accordance with the mission and values of the YMCA, and communicate information to department heads and supervisors as necessary.
- Provides leadership for membership events and represents the YMCA at community events.
- Participates in the Annual Campaign, by recruiting at least four active campaign volunteers and taking a leadership role within the branch.
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until
Nemours Children's Health System