Regional Director, East
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Under Armour
The Regional Director is a key leadership role in our retail field organization, who will make an instant impact to the business, by taking full responsibility of their assigned region to execute strategic regional plans to achieve sales goals and be a liaison for information at all levels of the retail field department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for regional ownership of their job, team, and be accountable for the results (potential revenue equaling over $500M+).
- Build the Under Armour brand within the outlet and full price retail environment through strong communication with regional team.
- Drive and execute a Service Culture in each of our stores.
- Establish and execute strategic regional plans to achieve forecasted Sales and Contribution Margin goals.
- Provide knowledge, insight, influence, leadership and mentoring to direct report districts and stores.
- Become accountable and, in turn, hold team accountable for performance in the areas of customer service, people, product and operations.
- Act as a conduit for information from the stores at district level, peer level and up to the business partners.
- Has commitment to a minimum of 60% travel schedule, including overnights and weekends (as needed).
Sr. District Manager(s), District Manager(s)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consistently produces great results at the functional team level
- Fully accountable for their own execution, including budget, and that of their team
- Set's stretch personal and team goals, and achieves them
- Solves problems!
- Inspires confidence from their achievements that they will deliver. Done! Done! Done!
- Goes the extra mile to ensure functional team success in every endeavor
- Leadership: Hires, develops, and inspires a highly capable team
- Attracts great talent
- Empowers and motivates their teammates through aggressive goals, passionate motivation, an approachable style, and walking the talk themselves. Values other's views
- Generates alignment to the Business Unit's vision through personal passion, commitment, and strong communication
- Creates a sense of urgency
- Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Lives for the Company values in their everyday interactions
- Inspires the values in direct reports and peers, and holds them accountable
- Commits time and energy above and beyond to the success of Company and our people
- Represents UA in a powerful way outside of the Company
- Executes on a strategic plan that creates a unique advantage for UA in the market place
- Develops operational objectives and tactical plans to achieve strategies
- Completes complex projects that have a long-range impact on the Company
- Has a deep knowledge of their functional area at an operators level
- Understands the levers that drive superior business performance
- Has VP, Head of Store, as well as their team's trust
- Delivers what is promised
- Independent thinker who pushes for what is best for the Company
- Opinion is sought out for critical decisions as it pertains to their function
- Provides leadership and thinking that is valuable to Senior Leaders and peers. Collaborates
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and differing priorities in a constantly changing and demanding environment using excellent organizational, communication, negotiation and scheduling skills.
- Strong working knowledge of recruitment network in region.
- Strong business acumen and skill set which enables the management and development of staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university required.
- 10+ years of retail multi-management experience, including District Manager. ,