Account Executive - Sports
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Fox Sports
Fox is currently looking for an Account Executive to sell all Fox Sports properties including Broadcast, Cable, Deportes and Digital. The Account Executive will be responsible for growing existing business with a heavy emphasize on new business development. The Account Executive will be expected to identify key business decision makers on all accounts and establish meaningful relationships with all levels at the agency as well as with the clients. The Account Executive will be responsible for developing targeted sales presentations, making sales calls to decision makers and effectively increasing our share of budgets. Once a deal is closed, the Account Executive will also be expected to oversee follow up and account stewardship until the deal is complete to ensure the schedule runs correctly and delivers successfully. The Account Executive must be able to develop an action plan for each account and develop marketing solutions tailored to the ends of each account.
- Prepare for and schedule frequent sales calls to existing and new business targets including agency buyers, planners and client marketing and media executives as part of the sales process and development of relationships client entertainment with key decision makers on a regular basis.
- Grow revenue from accounts and successfully close new business.
- Negotiate media buys that encompasses all properties of Fox Sports.
- Generate sales revenues that strategically utilizes all available assets.
- Maintain and steward all aspects of existing business by communication with the buyers and planners and sales assistant on team.
- Ensure that the schedule runs correctly and maintain positive relationships with client(s) to encourage repeat business.
- Develop customized sales presentation to meet the needs of the clients based upon extensive research of clients' business needs and priorities.
Other Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for development of sports sales presentations.
- Make recommendations on negotiation of media plans with agencies.
- Responsible for supervision of Account Service Representatives and Sales Assistants on team.
- Make recommendations on developing ideas to better monetize properties.
- Make recommendations on maximizing revenue of assigned account list.
- Provide sales presentations both to individuals and groups in order to present the value of Fox Sports.
- Weekly sales call report to track progress.
- Provide written and/or verbal news updates to keep Fox Sports top of mind.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have at least 5+ years of selling experience at a sports media company and or network, plus a strong overall knowledge of the media industry.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as the ability to be a self-starter, working self-sufficiently and being accountable for all assigned list of accounts is necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
- Must exhibit good organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to multitask and work efficiently in a high-pressure environment is also required, as is the ability to be a team player and stay dedicated to achieving results for the good of the organization.
- Must have the ability to travel and make daily visits to customers in the New York City area as well as assigned territories.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*