Dir Human Resources and Risk Management
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by YMCA
We are looking for a dynamic individual to inspire and lead the human resources and risk management for a growing association.
YMCA of Central Virginia
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Director of Human Resources and Risk Management serves on the CEO's leadership team, providing strategic leadership to attract, develop and retain the best talent available. Oversees the development and implementation of talent management/human resources policies, plans and services, including recruitment, selection, legal compliance, employee benefits, compensation, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and events. Will also be responsible for all risk and safety initiatives for the YMCA.
1. Creates a vibrant cause-centered culture for staff and volunteers.
2. Provides leadership and consulting support to executives and management on matters of reinforcing culture, setting goals, developing policy, and implementing strategic objectives.
3. Fosters the development of staff and volunteers at all levels in the organization by engaging in ongoing feedback and coaching, helps to create succession plans when needed, and providing resources and support for informal and formal learning at all levels.
4. Oversees talent management, including staff training and leadership development, retention, recognition, employee communication and career development. Assesses and evaluates training and staff development needs, and develops programs to meet needs. Maintain proficient knowledge of onboarding material such as the Staff Handbook, SAP, New Staff Member Orientation and Boot Camp trainings.
5. Creates organizational policies and structures that remove barriers and foster equity and inclusion for all.
6. Develops and maintains performance management and appraisal programs. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors with questions and workplace problems.
7. Oversees compensation and benefit programs, including job description and classification, salary structure and salary adjustments. Oversees benefit plan and retirement fund communication, enrollment and administration. Assesses the competitiveness of human resources programs and practices against the relevant markets and makes recommendations for improvements and changes.
8. Remains current with employment laws and regulations. Maintains an effective program of compliance with laws and regulations related to human resources and manages relationships with compliance agencies and YMCA legal counsel.
9. Oversees HR systems and employee records to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. Ensures timely and accurate submission of data requested by the EEOC, YMCA of the USA, Department of Labor, etc.
10. Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs. Identifies and cultivates appropriate and effective sources for candidates for all levels of jobs.
11. Provides direction to assigned staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities in achieving strategic and operating plan goals; prepares and manages associated budgets.
12. Maintain records of Staff Injury and Incident reports. Oversee worker's compensation claims and maintain communication.
13. Identifying risk exposures to the YMCA of Central VA.
14. Coordinating all safety trainings for the YMCA of CVA. Those trainings include CPR, AED, First Aid, Oxygen Administration and Bloodborne Pathogens.
15. Keeping and updating the Safety Training calendar and providing all the Centers with updated copies.
16. Coordinating training dates with all the Centers with Y of CVA to make sure that all employees have an opportunity to obtain their necessary certifications.
17. Proactively identify ways to track and maintain certifications for all staff.
18. Oversee the Aquatics Training to assure that all Centers have certified lifeguards on the pool decks at all times.
19. Maintain training budget and provide all trainings within the budget.
20. Conduct personal audits based on seasons: Ex. Aquatics, Summer Day Camp, Child Development.
21. Develop Active Shooter/Crisis Communication Plan/Crisis Response Team/EAP.
22. All other duties assigned by the CEO.
SHRM Senior Certified Professional or HRCI Certified Professional certification preferred.
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until