1st Assistant Golf Professional
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Troon Golf
Raritan Valley Country Club in Bridgewater, NJ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of 1st Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service,.
Key Responsibilities of the Associate Golf Professional:
• Administers all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing. Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
• Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-ins, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Track all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
• Initiates and promotes all club golf activities.
• Creates lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
• Supervises preparations for all golf outings including scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
• Monitors all members' scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
• Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining maintenance associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Starters, Player Assistants, and Guest Services Attendants.
• Ensures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
• Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Associate Golf Professional:
• College degree; and 2-3 years experience working in a private club setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PGA Class A Member in good standing required
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system, Jonas and Members First are a plus
• Experience with GHIN and Golf Genius is a plus