Sr Process Engineer I
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Nike
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
As our Sr Process Engineer I, you will support the daily manufacturing engineering needs of our production of Nike Air products. You will be responsible for ensuring operation and upgrading strategic manufacturing processes, which produce Nike Air components. You will design and execute experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling and equipment. You'll provide technical support to maintain, repair and/or replace equipment and tooling, as well as, modify existing production equipment to improve both reliability and functionality. In addition, you will help drive engineering activities for new products. You'll support prototype development runs and drive commercialization of new processes and tooling while utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods to minimize waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or other manufacturing related degree
- 12 years' directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
- 5 years of experience in Process Engineering within a high-volume manufacturing production environment required, plastics and/or packaging preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires strong knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience or classwork in Design of Experiments and strong statistical skills preferred
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles preferred
- Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with associates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians.
- Knowledge of plastics processing a plus.