Sr eCommerce Manager
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Columbia Sportswear
This position is ultimately responsible for the customer journey on the website and making sure that site content is up-to-date, on-calendar and guided by KPI-based decisions around content and development level of effort (LOE) vs ROI. This person is the 'go to' subject matter expert on all things site operations, content management and platform admin capabilities. He/she is able to elevate and translate technical concepts and translate them into executive level insights and action items for the other functional leaders of the brand.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Managing Product Launches and Site Updates
- Manage and lead the on-time, accurate implementation of daily and seasonal web site releases by interfacing with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Merchandising, Creative, IT, Inventory Management, and Digital Marketing on planning, timing and execution of seasonal product launches and run the production schedule across teams in conjunction with the eCommerce Project Manager per established deadlines.
- Lead site update planning meetings with Web Development, Creative and Merchandising teams, focused on regularly occurring improvements and upgrades inline with the seasonal messaging calendar and business goals. This includes both tactical updates related to content and campaigns as well as strategic updates around features, functions and flow improvements.
- Collaborate and partner with Director of eCommerce on the development of site strategy and alignment of plans to execute.
- Manage and execute strategy and tactics related to special online events and promos.
- Manage calendars and integrate calendars into a master rollup schedule across functional competencies and departments.
- Inform and help guide the direct to consumer working group to help establish on-site experiences around promotional periods, holiday and buyer's guides, and efforts that can work across departments to enhance the overall customer journey as they interact with the brand in varying channels.
- Provide second level testing, quality assurance and signoff for all site functionality and content updates.
- Participate in usability testing to balance business goals and objectives with customer experience.
- Optimize site performance to meet sales goals; develop plans and targeted strategies to enhance prAna.com to drive sales (e.g. functionality, brand differentiation, and merchandising). • Lead real-time optimization of prAna.com; monitor daily and weekly site performance; enable/disable/sort products based on availability and other performance metrics; facilitate weekly planning meetings with Creative and IT to leverage data and optimize performance of the site content and functionality weekly.
- Develop an A/B site testing program; create and manage A/B testing plan and calendar; write business goals, hypotheses and technical requirements for all tests; work with IT and Creative to plan and implement site tests; make the call on winning versions and communicate results and outcomes internally.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships, leveraging existing tools to optimize site performance and sales including product recommendations, site merchandising, search, and ratings & reviews.
- Partner with Senior Digital Marketing Manager to collaborate on digital marketing efforts off the site (e.g. SEM, SEO, display and affiliate programs).
- Work with Web Analyst and Director eCommerce to modify sales budget and forecast based on trending performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Monitor and partner with digital marketing to improve key drivers influencing online sales: traffic, average order value, site speed and conversion rate.
- Review eCommerce sales results, demand, returns and shipping on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Monitor sales performance relative to budget and forecast; Compile and distribute an execlevel summary of site performance.
- Compile and assess site performance reports monthly and quarterly to gain strategic insights and develop recommendations to improve performance of the eCommerce channel.
- Collaborate with web analyst and regularly prepare / disseminate reports on site performance, optimizations and course corrections.
- Regularly assess and research capabilities of current tools and new tools for measuring and reporting on site performance.
- Generate ideas for improving engagement and customer satisfaction with the site based on analysis of customer feedback and web analytics.
- Manage 3rd party global business via Borderfree consistently meeting and reviewing performance, ideating on ways to further improve and grow the global business.
- Consistently monitor global site performance and ensure site updates are relevant for the non-US markets.
- Partner with Borderfree to ideate on new site optimizations and share out marketing concepts with Digital Marketing team to continue to drive revenue.
- Ensure all GDPR related activities are adhered to.
- Oversee propagation of product matrix (products, attributes, categories, collections, outfits, mix and match) alongside the online merchandising and planning teams.
- Manage the cross-functional content team to oversee development of product copy, ensure product photos and videos are ready and complete, establish price rules for pricing groups. (Influencer groups); promotion codes and discounts; promotion/contest pages.
- Assess and address regular site issues and resolve or escalate to Web Dev Team and eCommerce Project Manager.
- 5+ years experience with eCommerce with progressive levels of responsibility
- 3+ years experience managing a consumer-facing website and online marketing with focus on consumer experience and ROI contributions
- + years managing digital vendors, budgeting, expense management and planning
- Proven experience building teams and establishing team culture to create fun, engaging and high performance employees
- Attention to detail and accuracy for project execution. Ability to manage and prioritize against aggressive deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred
- Ability to operate with a customer-focused approach to business practices
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the roles and limits of web technologies
- Experience with responsive websites
- Proficiency in Google Analytics or similar metrics-measurement platform(s)
- Understanding of basic UX drivers
- Familiarity with A/B/n testing including program development and performance measurement; experience with Optimizely a plus
- Strong project management skills; experience with web-based PM tools such as TeamWork and Basecamp are a plus
- Results-driven, goal-oriented: Ability to plan goals and maintain responsibility across a wide range of projects including those contributing to top and bottom line revenue for a dynamic, fast-moving business. Must feel comfortable leading with passion whilst maintaining revenue-based performance goals.
- Self-Directed/Self-Reliant: Ability to take action and responsibility for personal success and failure; influences events and achieves specific goals; works in an independent manner to accomplish goals; initiates actions and works effectively with little supervision, direction or precedent; proactive
- Team / Project Leadership: An ability to guide or direct others toward a specific goal or end; resolves issues and increases employee performance and productivity; challenges the process by searching for opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve the company; enables others to act by fostering collaboration and promoting cooperative goals; inspires shared vision and demonstrates core prAna values; encourages the heart by recognizing individual and team contributions and accomplishments; inspires others and builds motivated, high-performing teams
- Relationship Management-Ability to consult and provide advice; to facilitate discussion and resolve conflict; to develop relationships with key project stakeholders; to recognize and deal with diversity; to establish trust, credibility and respect; and to be willing to give more than to receive.
- Organization and Planning: Ability to set priorities, facilitate the creation of work plans, coordinate resources; establishes follow up systems and feedback mechanisms to monitor projects and goals.
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability to gather data, analyze options, implement solutions and follow through on results; looks beyond established methods of doing things and comes up with new approaches and creative solutions; sees beyond limitations and creates new options. ..... click apply for full job details