Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by The Madison Square Garden Company
- Editorial Calendar Management - This person will build out and execute the day-to-day editorial/social calendar including scheduling of posts for the team and all cross functional departments (Community Relations, Fan Development, Merchandise, etc.), management of media/content, and tagging content for digital analytics Rangers social channels. Publishing includes an always-on presence during all Rangers games & events in addition to off days.
- Content Development - This person will be responsible for contributing to content creation spanning team coverage, marketing partnerships, tickets, merch, youth hockey and community relations. Contribute to content briefing, concepting and production across all series. Additionally, this person will c ollaborate with design and video departments in addition to external vendors to create engaging social assets.
- Innovation and Industry Expertise - Identifies industry best practices and innovations with an ability to translate them to actionable learnings and opportunities. The ideal candidate is well-versed in social media, emerging technology, industry innovation, and the latest trends.
- Digital Reporting & Actionable Insights - This person will also be responsible for weekly digital reporting across social channels, working closely with the Digital Director to translate content performance into insights.
- Brand Stewardship - Significant knowledge of the Rangers and Hockey is a requirement. Understanding of Rangers fans and NY sports fans and the ability to communicate to fans is crucial. 3-5 years working in the sports industry is ideal.
- Significant knowledgeable of the Rangers and the hockey landscape, including performance and stats, industry trends, hockey culture and fan engagement
- Experience working in social media and digital content. Fully proficient in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and emerging platforms
- Ability to navigate and prioritize in very sensitive, high paced environments - including collaborating with various departments to push work forward
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Digital/Social software.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.