Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As our Distribution Manager, you'll manage the Distribution Centers (DCs) operations for Asia Pacific and Latin America (APLA) Geography. You'll develop strategic priorities for Distribution operations. You'll identify and execute projects supporting the strategic priorities. You'll forecast and budget outbound logistics costs. You'll support the countries in Third Party Logistics (3PL) management including performance management and contract negotiations process. You'll provide delivery precision results and evaluate the distribution capacity planning capabilities. You'll drive a broad Business Continuity and Sustainability strategy. You'll roll out new initiatives/tools and develop distribution teams in countries. You'll also provide delivery precision results and continuously balance cost & service, leveraging strategic partnerships with 3PLs. You'll implement NLS (Nike Logistics System) /LEAN logistics methodology. You'll provide process innovation that will require participation in various internal networks. In addition, you'll work in alignment with global logistics, other geographies and APLA's country teams that will utilize leadership and influencing skills.
- Bachelor's degree and logistics experience of 5-7 years
- Logistics experience of 7-10 years' in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in large DC operations required
- Experience in leading LEAN logistics efforts preferred
- Knowledge of engineering & design aspects of DCs
- Experience with WMS (Manhattan associates) will be added advantage
- Experience working for or dealing with 3PLs
- Excellent negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Excel and SAP knowledge will be added advantage
- Ability to work diverse cultures and non-traditional hours
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- 15-20% travel
- Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese will be added advantage