Global Sr. Apparel Designer
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Quiksilver
This Senior Designer will conceptualize & design seasonal products for DC Shoes Global Apparel line focusing on outerwear, wovens, fleece, woven bottoms and graphic details. This person will identify and interpret key market trends and execute seasonal product strategies building on DC Shoes' heritage foundations while driving the brand forward. The position is located at the HQ in Huntington Beach and reports to the Global Design Director.
- Undertake market research and analysis using key accounts, media, shopping, internet, travel etc. to establish key style, color & textile concepts for upcoming seasons.
- Collaborate with the Global Design Director on establishing key seasonal product stories.
- Present to internal and external parties at various key points throughout each season.
- Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs
- Ensure technical specification packs are completed accurately and on time.
- Manage and adhere to product development calendar.
- Collaborate with Merchandisers, Project Managers and Design Director in executing the line architecture & category strategies.
- Develop concepts and ideas throughout each season with footwear and apparel teams.
- Complete approvals on color, fabric, trim, art, branding & finishing.
- Collaborate with garment techs to develop and approve the best fit and construction for seasonal products.
- Practice smart product engineering to achieve targeted goals.
- Ensure samples are correct and on time.
- Liaise regularly with Development, Merchandisers, Project Managers and Design Director to ensure alignment.
- Work to achieve personal and department goals.
- Attend relevant trade shows
- R&D destinations
- Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in garment fit & construction.
- Excellent in graphic art, color design, fabric & trim development.
- Ability to interpret the needs of the market, retailers and merchandisers & directors.
- Ability to recognize trends, conceptualize ideas and design products.
- Thorough knowledge of the product design & development process.
- Capability to independently manage workload, present and report at a senior level.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- High level of problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Research skills.
- Display passion and motivation.
- Experience in sourcing and production.
- Experience with PLM systems a plus