Ascend Support Technician
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle-related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world's most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
As a Support Technician, your primary mission is to provide front-line support for all of our customers. Using your available resources and the help of your teammates and our business partners, you are the go-to person to take care of any customer requests that come your way. You'll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we're all in the business of selling, installing, supporting and shipping our world-class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you'll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Complete all support requests that arrive via phone, email, voicemail or the Ascend Customer Yammer Network.
- Document all customer support history in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources.
- Review our regular system updates to maintain a working knowledge of our solutions.
- Encourage and assist our customers with installing our system updates.
- Sell hardware and supplies to our customers and place related orders. Conduct sales demos as needed.
- Assist with the installation of Ascend for new customers. Travel on-site with Install Technicians as needed.
- Assist with logging and prioritization of bugs and enhancements. Provide feedback as requested on development specifications. Help test new releases as needed.
- A two-year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available for on-call support on weeknights and weekend days on a rotational basis with your teammates.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft peer-to-peer networking, desktop operating systems, and Office programs.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts during our regular technical support hours of 8 am to 6 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. They should be available off hours for rotational on-call support and occasional project work. They should also be available for occasional travel.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish