Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by AEG
The Promoter Representative works in conjunction with the production team to advance each show at their assigned venue ensuring that the artist contract is properly fulfilled, while managing the show budget. The Promoter Representative schedules and oversees the event staff, manages show guest lists, and works with the accounting team to balance and settle each show at their assigned venue. Additionally, the Promoter Representative is responsible for ensuring all the artist needs are met on the day of the show.
- Review artist contract related to production, merchandise, ticketing, and rider requirements to ensure each requirement is fulfilled on day of show.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule event staff including ticket takers, merchandise sellers, box office staff.
- Manage backstage area of venue ensuring artist hospitality needs are met on day of show. This includes preparing greenrooms with food and beverage, providing great customer service to artists and their crew and being a resource to answer any questions they may have.
- Negotiate vendor contracts and maintain good working relationships with vendors who supply artist hospitality needs.
- Work with the General Manager to review processes and procedures of the venue related to box office, merchandise, and hospitality to find efficiencies and improvements.
- Work with the accounting team to settle shows, responsible for managing box office and merchandise sales and reporting.
- Special Projects for the venue as assigned by the General Manager.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Previous production experience, including scheduling, managing staff, and payroll
- Knowledge of accounting principals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Strong customer service skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Ability to plan work activities and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors
- Music Industry knowledge and experience with a demonstrated ability to use discretion related to artist information and professionalism around celebrities.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.