Senior Application Engineer
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Greenwaves Technologies
Greenwaves Technologies is a 19 people, 4 year old fabless semiconductor startup established near-by Grenoble, France. Our first product GAP8 is a 1+8 RISC-V core based IoT Application Processor armed with a high performance HW convolution engine. It is a simple yet very sophisticated unique processor architecture, which delivers an energy efficiency that is 20x better than the state-of-the-art, opening up a large range of battery powered applications. Examples of applications are people counting, keyword spotting, combined with beamforming, object recognition, face detection and vibration analysis. GAP8 is especially effective on machine learning inference algorithms (CNN, SVM, Bayesian, Boosting, Cepstral analysis). Yet, GAP8 is by and large programmed just like a regular MCU. We develop some reference applications to provide evidences of GAP8 performances. This could accelerate our potential customers' evaluation and decision process, but also drive some customers to adapt those applications for their own needs. Our SW development team works closely with the customers.
GAP8 came out of fab in Feb 2018. We have sold so far more than 250 GAPuino development kits and yes, we are enjoying a nice commercial traction globally.
We, as a growing and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, need talented, enthusiastic, curious and committed people who will be ready to bring energy into the system for a significant contribution to the success of the team project. Greenwaves Technology as a team is very proud of its specific collaborative management style. Our Technology is very much ahead of the state-of-art, and our chip is just about to prove its revolutionary potential on a wide opened global market. For a team, it is a very motivating challenge that each of us has the opportunity to be part of in proportion to one's own enthusiasm at work. The company is and will be what we each of us make of it, as we experience everyday.
We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer that develops application using our SDK on Gap8.
- Development of embedded software applications on C/C++, related to image processing, computer vision, sound processing, machine learning algorithms.
- Development of middleware layers for the GAP8 IoT Application Processor.
- Active participation in the definition of new products.
- Implementation of software and training material needed to promote our products at trade shows and customer visits.
- Customer support.
This position requires numerous collaborations with the different teams of the company(internal and external to the site): Hardware, Application, Systems Validation, Marketing ...
- Knowledge of microcontroller and microprocessor architectures.
- Relevant Ph.D. degree and +2 years experience in at least one of this 3 key domains: image, voice, audio.
- Signal processing (Image, voice, audio, vibration) experience with fixed point implementations
- Mastery of C / C++ (assembly is a plus)
- Significant experience in microcontroller target development
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks
- Strong team spirit and communication, happy to collaborate and share with teammates, even remotely. Eager to share skills and advice, eager to learn new skills
- Comfortable in an international environment, exchanging by email, slack, telephone or conf-calls
- Good English level
- Knowledge of MMU architectures and caches would be appreciated
- Deep learning and data classification techniques experience
- Strong motivation and taste for code optimization (size and speed)
Employment type: Full - time ; CDI
Location : Villard Bonnot (near Grenoble, France)
Competitive compensation and stock option plan
Capitol International Services Ltd
Capitol International Services Ltd