Estates Building Operations Manager
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by 300 North
Building Operations Manager - Estates
- Location: Newcastle
- Salary £42,414 to £49,969
- Permanent or temp to perm
- Our client is looking for a building operations manager to join their team, reporting into the Head of Estates.
- You will manage all Estates building staff, specialist contractors and consultants under their control.
- You will attend/chair meetings; liaise with colleagues re operational issues.
- Will provide strategic development of the build environment, including capital/backlog for both short and long term development.
- You will work to Trust standing financial orders and estates financial procedures.
- To participate in the Estates out of hours "on-call" emergency service.
- Ensure 24 hour cover for site services.
- Deputise for the Head of Estates as required.
- Ensure patient safety is never compromised by failure of building element/ service.
- You will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of efficient and safe operation and maintenance of all Estates elements within the Trust.
- Responsible to ensure all appropriate standards and specifications are adhered to and managed effectively.
- Liaise with external statutory bodies, i.e. Department of Health, NHS Estates, Building Control, Environment Agency etc.
- Gives specialist Estates advice to the Trust.
- Regularly undertakes audits and equipment testing
- You will be educated to degree level plus extensive post qualification experience/specialist knowledge of building structures (Master's level equivalent).
- In-depth understanding of Hospital policies and procedures and operational activities.
- Specialist knowledge of and training in hospital building and engineering structures/services gained through training and experience.
- Building or engineering structures/services background.
- Significant senior management experience gained in hospital environment.
- Detailed knowledge of NHS Estate code, the Disability Discrimination Act, Health & Safety, HBNs, HFNs & Firecode.
- You will be able to communicate technical information to non-technical staff, some of which may be highly complex, and where there may be barriers to understanding
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hold a full UK driving licence
If you are interested in this post, please apply immediately. The trust will consider temporary and permanent candidates.