General Manufacturing - Will Train
Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Full-Time General Manufacturing, Effingham, IL
Quad/Graphics are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by
innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days,
you?ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job
well done ? something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
At Quad, you?ll begin at a competitive entry level wage
of $13 per hour,?with immediate opportunities to advance ? driving you
to be better than yesterday.?
We offer support at
every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement
savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You?ll proudly wear Quad
blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that?s transforming an
industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties &
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking
onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper
or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond
(Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move
product throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of
an on board PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished product and materials
from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including
webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
The successful candidate
will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where
mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer,
machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and
- The ability to use a computer
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap
rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or
bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48? in height
and transfer to table top work surface 42?, and then place into a collator
hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail
orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12-hour shifts?(either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. -
7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
equal employment opportunity employer. The Company?s policy is not to
unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other
consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The
Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of
these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.