Corp Wellness and Fitness Internship-Summer
Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by EXOS
Each of our locations may offer a slightly different internship opportunity, however interns will generally gain experience in conducting fitness testing and evaluation, providing safe and effective exercise programs and group exercise, assisting in planning and implementation of health promotion and incentive programs, high risk member management, and program administration. Some locations may also provide exposure to injury prevention and on-site rehabilitation. As a corporate wellness intern you will be responsible for assisting your manager and site-based team in the management of our client's onsite wellness and fitness programs. To be successful as an intern you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities will demand an organized individual with a desire to learn the Corporate Wellness and Fitness industry. Interns will also have the opportunity to gain their EXOS Fitness Specialist Certification (XFS).
Click here to take a closer look at the corporate wellness side of EXOS
This internship is a volunteer/unpaid internship and requires proof of current enrollment in an internship program for relevant course credit.
- Matriculating junior or senior in exercise science, kinesiology, physical education or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed coursework in anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, and basic exercise testing and prescription
- Previous exercise testing experience preferred
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (Students who are not currently certified may seek certification during the application process)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Setting: these internships take place in corporate fitness centers and as an EXOS intern you will be working with employees of client
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.