Plant Manager - Biomass Power Station
Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by Astute Technical Recruitment Ltd
Plant Manager - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working in an exclusive agreement to supply a Plant Manager / Station Manager for a ~10MW biomass on the bank of the Humber in East Yorkshire. This facility has been designed to treat around 86,000 tonnes of waste wood per annum, utilising Gasification Technology (Advanced Thermal Treatment).
This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone with extensive UK power generation experience to work alongside the client to develop an O&M strategy to be implemented on this facility and future stations being developed in the UK. With a number of plants in their UK portfolio in commissioning and plans for several more, this is an exciting time to join as they look to become industry leaders in UK Gasification. As of 2019 they are about to enter being hot commissioning so you'll be joining this plant at a critical time.
As the Plant Manager on this new build energy from waste facility, you will be heavily involved in working alongside the project team to manage the full life cycle of the site through construction, commissioning and into commercial operation. You will play a key part in developing the facilities standard operating procedures, maintenance strategy, HSE systems and KPI's.
Other duties will include.
- Ensuring that the facility is operated efficiently and that all performance targets are met or exceeded.
- Managing HSE, Quality and Environmental systems in accordance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Managing the site's budgets and taking financial responsibility for the plant.
- Working closely with the client to ensure that the businesses operating model is implemented across the facility.
- Tracking costs for capital project and outages.
- Managing and developing site personnel.
- Reporting on QEHS, Financial, Operations and Maintenance issues.
- Recruiting Operations, Maintenance & Support staff.
- Candidates will ideally have a proven track record gained within the power generation sector.
- This is likely to include experience gained at a Plant Manager / Operations Manager / Maintenance Manager level.
- Those with plant mobilisation experience would be at an advantage, although this is not essential.
- A strong understanding of Health & Safety, relevant legislation (PSSR, LOLER, PUWER etc) and Environmental Permits will be required
- Candidates will ideally hold a Degree in Engineering (Power Plant / Process / Mechanical / Electrical). However those with a strong work history in the power sector without this could be considered.
What's in it for you?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge in the power sector. This role gives the successful candidate the opportunity to work closely with the client and provide guidance on their growing UK portfolio of power plants.
On offer is an attractive salary and benefits package alongside future progression possibilities.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to or alternatively you can call and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.