Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Quad Graphics Book Plant?in Fairfield PA?is currently seeking to hire FT Trimmer Operators. Job duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Set up, run and maintain/troubleshoot Trimmer portion of the perfect binder?
- Set trimmer blades, cut dimensions, feeds and change blades
- Continuous review of job ticket specifications to meet Customer and productivity commitments
- Operate equipment in a safe manner including adhering to established standard procedures and current Company Safety guidelines surrounding personal protective equipment
- Interact with shift supervision and fellow operators on production issues, job status and productivity metrics
- Mechanical ability to effectively perform equipment operation and maintenance
- Prior experience operating Trimmers on Perfect Binding equipment (Heidelberg)
- Some supervisory experience helpful to assist Perfect Binder Operator with effectively managing assigned crew to support productivity requirements.
- Essential functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to life up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts from 7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM, which may include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- Intermediate computer skills and some Microsoft experience.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer.? The Company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.? The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.