Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Gathering Machine Operator to work in the Versailles, KY facility. The primary function of this position is to operate and keep supplied a machine that gathers individual sigs into a correctly sequenced book ready for the binding operation.
Duties includes, but are not limited to:
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare operations.
- Set up, adjust, tend, and oversee the gathering machine.
- Breakdown stacks, stage sigs ready for use on the gatherer.
- Stage stacks of sigs and insert sigs into appropriate pockets (collate) to be gathered in a book.
- Monitor and tend the operation of the machine.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- Must be familiar with all aspect of the operation of the gatherer.
- Provide leadership to Gatherer crew.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of quality and productivity
- Must be able to follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to assure consistent quality and process controls.
- Set example by operating safely; remedy any unsafe practices and/or conditions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ability to work a 12-hour rotating schedule, including days, nights, weekends and holidays is also required. 7:00 am/pm - 7:00 pm/am
- Mechanical ability to effectively perform equipment operation and maintenance
- Some supervisory experience helpful to assist Perfect Binder Operator with effectively managing assigned crew to support productivity requirements
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.