Genetic Data Analyst I
Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by Myriad Genetics Laboratories
The Data Analyst I is responsible for the analysis of patient data in accordance with laboratory processes, in a high throughput environment. The Data Analyst I must demonstrate competency, as defined in the department?s training program, prior to performing independent work. This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that data analysis activities are defined, documented and completed to support inspection readiness and that compliance is maintained through procedures, training, documentation and continuous improvement projects.
*** The schedule will be 5 - 8 hour shifts with a weekend day included, or 4 - 10's with a weekend day included.***
Each employee?s specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
- Complying with the laboratory?s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory?s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory?s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in department and cross functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
Supporting documentation for the education and experience requirements are maintained in the employee?s personnel file.
- Meets minimum regulatory education requirements:
- Doctorate (Ph.D., M.D. or D.O.) in medicine, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Master?s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor?s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science
- Education and training equivalent to a bachelor?s degree in clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological science with completion of at least 24 semester hours of science or laboratory courses.
- Meets minimum internal education and experience requirements:
- 6 months clinical lab experience
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient's lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products that assess a person's risk of developing disease, improve diagnosis, predict disease progression and guide therapy. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs. With fiscal year 2015 annual revenue of approximately $700 million and more than 2,000 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including growing our existing markets, launching new products, and expanding our global presence to take advantage of significant long-term growth opportunities.