Saddle Stitch Operator
Posted on Feb 4, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Careers across Quad/Graphics are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you?ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done ? something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
We Offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities, competitive pay,?full service medical, dental, pharmacy and optical facilities, on-site fitness and rehabilitation centers, paid vacation, 9 paid holidays per year, weekly paychecks and paid overtime over 40 hours per week.? ?
You?ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that?s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all ? from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house. ??
Available?Work Schedules that fit your lifestyle and needs: ?
- 8 hour shifts (either 7:00 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. ? 11:00.pm.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate.? ?Must be available for 1 st or 2 nd shift.??Please expect to work 8-10?hr. days with weekend work when needed.???
Quad/Graphics is?seeking Saddle Stitch?Operator for the Burlington,? Wisconsin?plant.?
?Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate machine effectively and safely according to standards to ensure a quality product
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as needed or assigned
- Make-ready the stacker, tiers, mail head, mail control.
- Make-ready and run all aspects of the saddle stitcher (pockets, gatherer, stitcher heads, in feed, trimmer, mail table and mail head, etc?)
- Make-ready and run demographic and inkjet.
- Fill in for other master operators when needed
- Assist other master operators with start-ups as possible when own line is down
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling, cover filling, etc.) and give work direction during downtime and clean-up
- Read and understand binding instructions, mailing instructions, and support the BCS system
- Ensure proper functioning of safety devices (i.e. guards, stop buttons)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform additional tasks as needed or assigned
- Harris 855 and Muller 301 Saddle Stitcher experience a plus!
- Demonstrated skill in mechanics/mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret binding / mailing instructions and operating / maintenance manuals
- Knowledge of department safety practices
- Good understanding of all Bindery functions/procedures
- Good understanding of co-palletization process, demographics, and selective binding processes
- Good understanding of primary causes and remedies for various quality problems
- Ability to recognize, identify, analyze, and communicate problem situation and/or factors
- Basic computer skills including a good understanding of BCS System
- Willingness to move to other machines
- Willingness to work overtime on unscheduled days
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work easily and productively with others and with minimal supervision
- Essential functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
Must have in-line mail experience, knowledge of perfect binder operation, knowledge of and experience with mailing operation and equipment, good mechanical aptitude, ability to read, understand and follow binder guides, ability to train and direct crew, self-motivated. Excellent attendance record, satisfactory job performance in current position, excellent safety record and work habits, positive attitude and team player (able to work with others), able to work any shift and work overtime as needed. ? ?
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace ?
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.
Teach For America