Market Practice Operations Manager - Brookwood Baptist Health
Posted on Feb 3, 2019 by BHC Market
The Manager of Practice Operations will oversee market operations, and conduct daily interactions in a way that demonstrates a positive organizational attitude and effectiveness, and models the organizations Mission, Vision and Values. The Manager will manage and direct the activities in the market practices including physician human resources requirements, customer service, customer satisfaction, financial analysis, Meaningful Use attestations, business information systems, practice profile analysis and compliance with regulatory bodies. Duties include weekly rounding with staff and physicians ensuring that practices are functioning as expected; coordination with practice managers related to practice operations; and ensuring effective on-boarding of new physicians and staff including the acquisition of space, procurement of supplies and equipment. Promotes practice initiatives such as referral management, TOS collections, and task management. Works closely with the Market Operations Director to develop and implement goals and objectives for the market, and with physician leadership to identify new lines of business, additional streams of revenue, and new methods to mitigate costs. Works to ensure regulatory compliance with agencies such as OSHA, CLIA, Medi Cal, DHS and others as appropriate.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (including required licenses/certifications, education and job knowledge/experience):
- Four or more years of progressive and hands-on managerial experience in a medical practice including management responsibility of all operational areas including HR and finance
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated skill using MS Office products including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of group processes, teamwork, and site/cost center based management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within an organization
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities, with the ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to gather, analyze and interpret information and make effective recommendations to senior level leaders.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.