RN Clinical Supervisor-Med Surg FT Days/CHS-Stanly
Posted on Feb 3, 2019 by Atrium Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7:00 am- 7:00pm
Department Name: NSG - Med/Surg Unit
Location: CHS Stanly
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Responsible for the direct provision of patient care and for assisting the manager with daily operations to include but not limited to coordination of patient care/outcomes, allocation of human and fiscal resources, communications, patient throughput, program development and oversight, patient, physician and employee rounding, selection, development, and retention of staff, clinical supervision and performance appraisal, performance improvement activities, service recovery and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Supports the manager utilizing systematic approaches to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing service administration and delivery of care in the department
- Assists with interview, selection, and supervision of nursing personnel in the department
- Assists with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout shifts via staff meetings/huddles to exchange information/ promote dialogue with teammates
- Collaborates with manager to ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state laws, to include healthcare services and practice, while complying with all required regulations and policies
- Rounds on patients, teammates, and physicians at prescribed frequencies to gain insight into patient care, employee, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care and/or department operations
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Assists in identifying expected outcomes to provide direction for continuity of care/department operations
- Assists in evaluating progress towards goal attainment/achievement of expected outcomes and disseminates information to teammates involved with the care or the situation
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary
- Coordinates management of patient flow/throughput and staffing through continuous assessment of volume/acuity needs, utilizing resources available to assist in provision of appropriate staffing resources
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Minimum two years nursing experience preferred. Previous management experience preferred. BSN required. RN candidates for external hire or internal promotion without BSN must be enrolled in a BSN program within 1 year of Hire/Transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader. ?
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.