RN Nurse Manager I/Bedside
Posted on Feb 3, 2019 by Atrium Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Department Name: NSG - Operating Room
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of a nursing unit to ensure quality, cost effective health care is provided by an educated and competent team. Promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Continually demonstrates and supports a Professional Practice model that allows nurses to work in collaboration with interdisciplinary partners to achieve high quality patient outcomes.
- Ensures that unit operations and employees are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, and policies and procedures as defined by Carolinas HealthCare System.
- Functions as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the unit and the organization, upholding quality management, patient care, and departmental standards.
- Assumes responsibility in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff and to ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing and continuing professional development of personnel through mutual goal setting and performance evaluation.
- Delegates effectively by promoting shared governance, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes.
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education.
- Participates with performance improvement activities to improve quality of nursing care, promote patient outcomes and provide a cost effective environment for patient care.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards reflective of evidence based practice.
- Promotes shared accountability for professional practice.
- Allocates resources to meet the unit needs. Responsible for budgetary oversight, and along with staff involvement, accountable to the organization for maintaining a cost effective unit.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and / or unit/department conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required; Masterss of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Enrollment in MSN program within 1 year of hire/transfer date and graduation of MSN program required within 5 years of hire. If undergraduate degree is BSN, a Master's Degree from a health related program or MBA is acceptable. Must have or complete MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Previous nursing supervisory experience required. Appropriate professional leadership certification required (within 2 years if not currently certified) or within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider from AHA required. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. ?
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.