Senior Audio Visual Engineer
Posted on Feb 3, 2019 by Digicom Office Technology
We are a Business to Business supplier of integrated Audio-Visual systems, as well as Print and Document Management Solutions. We specialise in Video Conferencing and Telepresence Systems, Audio Conferencing, LCD and Projector Presentation Systems, Digital Signage, Lighting Control, Room Control, Video Over Ethernet Cable, TV Signal and IP TV, Cable Management, Video Recording and streaming Solutions.
Already experienced in the installation skills required as an AV integrator, what you can bring to this role is the ability to liaise with Architects and construction contractors, to manage and develop the skills of your assigned Juniors, maintain Excellent Customer Relationships and ensure all site work is performed in a clean and professional manner.
Being the face of Digicom on a day to day basis with our customers requires the right personality as well as the required technical skills and experience.
This position is mobile in nature depending on the customers site installation location. As Seniors typically are supplied with transport, a full clean driving licence is a pre-requisite for this role.
To fulfill this role, you will already have a strong working knowledge and understanding of the AV industry and associated technologies, you will have excellent product knowledge including Crestron, AMX, Extron, Cisco, Polycom, Evoko, Barco, etc… You will understand Networks and product/system integration. Have the ability to root cause problems and resolve issues whilst at the same time being flexible working to client requirements and deadlines. As employee growth is a part of our culture, employees are supported and expected to participate in continuous learning and in supporting the development of those around them.
Working hours are typically Office hours but some flexibility is required as we work to client requirements and deadlines.
Outline of Responsibilities
- On-site installation and commissioning of Audio Visual integrations.
- Training and development of assigned Installers.
- Site Surveys and Pre-Site checks.
- Liaising with building contractors and other on-site trades
- Establishing and maintaining high quality levels with your team.
- Maintaining effective & courteous communication with all departments and customers.
- Managing parts van stock and updating Digicom warehouse stock levels including quarterly van stock and in-house parts stock take.
- Maintaining excellent Customer relationships at all times.
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate appropriate qualification, training and experience.