Service Delivery Technician
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
IT Support Technician | Lincoln | £30-35,000
Your new company
Join the Lincoln office for a professional business who employ in excess of 100+ colleagues from this site, including remote workers.
Your new role
You will be the primary point of contact for employees based in the Lincoln office, along with remote workers - typically around 100 staff members for end user support requests logged via their helpdesk system. You will need to undertake a range of technical support duties, taking personal ownership of faults, diagnosing the route cause and ultimately resolving the issues. You will also be responsible for installing and configuring new equipment, the administration, installation, and configuration of Microsoft Windows OS and Hardware support as and when required covering printers, scanners and mobile phones. There will be an opportunity to work closely with the IT team at group head office on projects such as security.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who will assist in the installation, support and maintenance of a computer systems, both hardware and software. Ideally you will have a proven record of system support. You will be responsible for making sure that the individual elements of the system, which will include hardware and software, are working correctly.
Key skills required include:
- Desktop support and installation
- Excellent communication skills with ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms
- Hardware and Windows OS knowledge
- Up-to-date security knowledge (end point protection, data protection, encryption tools)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written skills for the production of internal IT documentation
- Experience of user support in a busy office environment
- Knowledge of: Active Directory/Group Policy, Citrix, Virtualisation, TCP/IP, Windows Server, WiFi
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a progressive professional company who have their sights set on sustained long-term growth and you can be part of this journey. The salary range is £30-35,000.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.