Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Akkodis
Software Test Engineer
A new opportunity to join a Software Testing team where you will play a key role in helping to maintain the quality of the solutions by performing ad-hoc and structured testing, creating, and executing test plans, authoring new tests and recording test results and identifying and recording defects.
Reporting into the Development Team Leader, Software Testers are responsible for the testing and quality assurance of the company's range of software products. Your extensive product knowledge will make you a point of reference for other team members.
This is a full time, permanent role paying a salary of £30,000 to £40,000 Dependent on experience
There will be a blended approach to home/office working with the client's head office being based in Tamworth.
* To test modifications to the client's products to ensure they are fit for purpose, consistent, and compliant with published standards and guidelines. You will ensure modifications are fully regression testable and delivered on schedule.
* Translate functional requirements and specifications into documented test plans, cases and steps.
* Rigorously planning, writing and executing test scripts.
* Perform manual regression testing.
* Creation and maintenance of test data, tools and scripts.
* Execute test plans manually and conduct manual functional and exploratory testing.
* To understand the industry requirements of the client's customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by their product range.
* To complete testing in line with agreed timeframes and by following the documented business processes using the appropriate test management and automation tools.
* Identifying issues, risks and dependencies escalating and managing where appropriate
* To provide product handovers to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
* Evaluate testing tools.
Skills and Experience required:
* At least two year's commercial experience testing Client Server (Window) and Web applications (ideally in a .net-based environment).
* Practical and systematic approach to testing.
* Proven experience in a true agile delivery environment (Scrum, XP, TDD, BDD).
* Basic coding/Scripting skills (VB.NET/C#).
Please apply ASAP to be considered.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.