Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Rullion Ltd
Our client, United Utilities, are looking to recruit a number of ICA Engineers on a contract basis
You will be responsible for Mechanical or Electrical or Instrumentation (M/E/I) maintenance and technical support to the Wastewater/Water Production team to repair and maintain Water/Wastewater assets.
You will be working in a fast-paced modern maintenance environment, providing proactive, planned and reactive support in all aspects of your field of expertise, to ensure compliance with company, statutory and regulatory requirements at the same time minimising environmental impact.
As the role can require lone working you will need to be comfortable working alone or as part of a team. The role will also include working in confined spaces as well as the opportunity to provide input into capital and operational projects to ensure assets fully meet operational and maintenance requirements. Participation in an out of hour's standby rota is also a requirement.
Your duties will include the following:
* To implement an efficient Mechanical or Electrical or Instrumentation (M/E/I) maintenance and installation service.
* To analyse faults, rectify and ensure correct operation of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and systems-based equipment.
* Perform planned and proactive maintenance activities.
* To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and internal company policies
* To maintain required financial control of a pre-defined budgets.
* To provide reliable, accurate and complete asset performance and repair information for entry into corporate systems.
* To analyse and recommend solutions to recurring maintenance problems.
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in this role you must be a time served apprentice or equivalent, supported with academic qualifications ideally to HNC or minimum ONC equivalent in a relevant technical area. A desire to work towards flexi skilling leading to an accredited qualification or standard that is relevant to your role is also required.
To be considered for this role you must have:
* A valid driving licence
* The ability to work in a team but also alone, be resilient, self-motivated, with strong problem solving skills and possess the required technical competence
* Able and willing to diversify into specialised areas of maintenance, as required, such as but not limited to chlorine gas systems and high voltage installations
* Diagnostic, organisational, planning, communication and computer skills
* Industry Experience
* Experience of PLC, HMI and SCADA systems and associated networks to perform fault diagnostics, assist with disaster recovery and small system modifications
* Ensure that throughout your career that the required skills, competence and recency in all relevant subject matter are maintained
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from Disclosure Barring Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Resource acting as an employment business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.